Shhh, Diner en Blanc is coming!
Have you heard? Once again this year, the elegant white wave of dinner guests will invade one of the most prestigious locations of the resort. Dîner en Blanc returns to Whistler on Friday, August 21st, 2015 and registration ends August 15th!
Design your all-white celebration - from outfit to table settings - and prepare to enjoy a spectacular evening with live music, DJs and great company.This annual secret picnic takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the start of the event. Diners may cater for themselves or pre-order a selection of gourmet picnic baskets from the Bearfoot Bistro.
Launched in Paris more than 25 years ago, the original essence of Dîner en Blanc remains: friendship, elegance and gallantry. Now, more than 100,000 revelers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their fine taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
To maintain the uniqueness of Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
• To participate: previous year guests are automatically invited or a registered member from the previous year may invite a new member or get on waiting list via the official website: whistler.dinerenblanc.info/register.
• Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
Guests must bring:
• A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
• A picnic basket comprising of fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
Bearfoot Bistro catered picnic basket options, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
• Champagne or wine selected by the Bearfoot Bistro available for purchase through Dîner en Blanc website. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
Marc Des Rosiers
Diner en Blanc Okanagan was held on July 9th. Check out the Official Video here.